Russia attacks Ukraine

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by DarkCorp, Feb 24, 2022.

1. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    I heard way back at the start of this whole thing Russia used up their last remaining laser guided munitions in the first few hours since they depleted their stockpiles in Syria. that is why in those first few days you saw videos of Jets bombing houses from only a few feet above the tree line. After a couple planes get shot down they had to change their bombing approach to not bombing, they lob cruise missiles at things now.

Another thing I've heard but don't see people talk about is apparently the air to air weapons on Russian jet fighters have a range that is nowhere near close to their western counterparts. Russian jets can't engage with a plane unless they can see it from their cockpit while NATO can kill them over the horizon.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    Probably because there are only 4 or 5 modern jet models in the world too. Probably because Russia invested primarily in nukes and yachts and lots of metal for tanks and OIL while the rest of the world left them behind. When Putin is dead Russia will pick back up with a Trumpian leader or a Puppethead.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  3. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Except in this timeline a Russian Tesla Trooper is a guy wearing a trashcan wielding with a wal-mart taser.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  6. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    In Death Road to Canada it is called Yall Mart and I just love that.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    KIROV REPO ... hey why is a farmer flying away with my airship!

8. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    Hide this in some bushes or inbetween buildings and wait for some helicopters to fly in. Still seems dangerous. Some of them have missles on the sides, but maybe not the ones being sent over.

9. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
  10. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    During the meeting with Guterres, Putin compared DPR and LPR to Kosovo and said that they have the same right to exist.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  11. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    People are not versed in Serbian.

12. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Putin betrayed Serbia, stabbed it in the back. He's not interested in Serbian friendship. Traded Donbas for Kosovo. Serbia should look for other allies.

Another diplomatic fail this week after Russia angered the Bulgarians by shutting the gas shipments.

13. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Serbia is making a lot of their issues on their own. Regardless of what Putin does, a lot of people there still love him, cuz you know, he fights the good fight with his voice against all the transpeople, homosexuals and degenrates that belong on a cross. It's outright moronic in what kind of conspiracy issues they believe and a lot of issues with nationalism that exist in the US are cranked up to 11 there.
    Serbia has not a lot of other options than to go with "Russia" in it's current political situation. Look at who they are voting for. And right-wing nationalism is growing a lot in Serbia. I still have family down there and I can't stand most of them due to this. People don't realise how big that belief of "Serbia did nothing wrong!" (about war crimes) and "Serbia stronk!" is down there.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  14. Sn1p3r187

Apr 7, 2014
    Didnt know you are Serbian. Is Crni Vuk a Serbian word by chance?

15. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    It is. My parents are from Seriba. I was born in Germany. Thus I am worse than Serbians.

16. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Serbians seem to be under the impression that they are ever only at the beginning *of world domination*, patiently playing the long game

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  17. Sn1p3r187

Apr 7, 2014
    Imagine if Serbia dominated as a super power after WWI. Thatd be an interesting timeline

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  18. Sn1p3r187

Apr 7, 2014
  19. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Russia will attack anywhere they can, and Kyiv is still open for missile attacks, so they will keep launching missiles.
    Russia had to pull out of Kyiv Oblast, because they _failed_ at penetrating the defenses. The bar was not very high though, they had expected little-to-no resistance. They got resistance - harsh resistance. When you get harsh resistance, you gotta do better than long-ass suicide collumns of stationary un-fuelled IFVs, like... it was pathetic.
    The best thing they could do, was a "face-saving" "you know what, we're actually not that interested in Kyiv after all. Those 15 000 corpses we left behind, that's just how we roll. To Donbass, everyone! To waaar!"

This still means Ukraine cannot let their guard down: Russia had to ditch Kyiv, because it was too heavily defended for their shit ass non-plan to work. Ukraine has to maintain defenses in the north, or Russia will find some way to swoop right back in, with confused conscripts and drunk commanders. In the meantime, they got missiles and stuff, so yeah, sure - keep firing. War of attrition, after all.

No matter how this ends for Ukraine, it will be an equally long road for Russia to recover from this, especially if they decide to go all bat-shit and roll into NATO territory.

20. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    All a moot point after Finland and Sweden join NATO. Ukraine needs to hold out a little longer to see if any balls drop.