The Ultimate Movie Thread of Ultimate Destiny

I guess you already set out with low expectations, watching it off "movietube", instead of in cinemas or off a bluray/dvd.

But I didn't think the movie was that amazing, just, quite good. It appealed to me.

I don't go to the theaters because there's no one to go with (that likes movies like Mad Max anyways. My fiance Katie is more in dramas/thriller/chick bullshit). I'm not going to be that one idiot in the theater who is sitting by himself.

Well. . .

I was.

;_;

I always find it weird to go to places like that by yourself. It's like going to a restaurant or even just a fast food place and eating by yourself there.

Visiting the cinema alone isn't that weird, or at least, it shouldn't be. I manage to drag my friends along to most of the movies I see, but sometimes I just don't feel like putting the energy into socializing and I just wander off to see what's on at the cinema, alone.

Proverbs 28:1, King James Bible:

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."

Going to the movies alone is only strange if you're worried you're a weirdo.

Visiting the cinema alone isn't that weird, or at least, it shouldn't be. I manage to drag my friends along to most of the movies I see, but sometimes I just don't feel like putting the energy into socializing and I just wander off to see what's on at the cinema, alone.

The only real reason I go to any movie that isn't the next "Star Wars", or might be, is to have sex in public.

Proverbs 28:1, King James Bible:

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are bold as a lion."

Going to the movies alone is only strange if you're worried you're a weirdo.

The problem is social anxiety- a common-enough problem- sets in insecurity. With insecurity, the righteous himself will question if he is wicked.

The Bible, I find, is essentially true, but then again all anecdotes are. When it is not essentially true, it is culturally true- meaning you have to be a bronze-age Israelite to know what it means exactly.

Anyways, fuck going to the movies alone. I ain't about being alone in a crowd of friends and relatives. Too much social distance. Better to be comfortable.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with small movie clubs mostly, or festivals occasionaly, visiting them alone or with a couple of old friends sometimes. There's very familiar atmosphere in those places; a lot of movie makers, university students, and such. Nothing wrong or weird about visiting this places alone at all! Quite the opposite, it's great place to make some friends.

2rooqqv.jpg

2sa1klt.jpg

If I am paying to watch a movie surrounded by gross smells and people talking I better have some company to discuss the movie with afterwards.

I go to movies alone all the time, nobody cares.

You know... you made me stare epiphanistically into the screen for a moment, before deciding to yes - fuckit - go to the cinema all by my stupid self, and watch Mad Max. I'm constantly trying to time and organize w a friend of mine, but he is being uncooperative...

Anyone planning on seeing Jurassic World?

I loved the movie and the book equally as a kid, and the film is still one of my favourites today (Granted, it's probably due to nostalgia.). I don't particularly want to watch one of my favourite films get a braindead Micheal Bay sequel that soils the new generation's perspective of what Jurassic Park is. On the other hand, I kind of want to see it out of curiosity, the prospect that it could be decent, and the inevitable scenes that play on the audience's nostalgia and make references to the original.

No. I feared it would be horrible, and I confirmed since that it was horrible.
JP2 was kindov horrible, JP3 was totally horrible, so I imagined the horribility just continuing steadily from there, which it seems to have done.

Indominus rex.
Seriously.
Just
yeah
no
he can talk to other dinosaurs

how?

DUDE, using DINOSAUR LANGUAGE of course!

Like, dogs go "woof woof!"
cats go "meow meow"
dinosaurs go "rawr rawr"

thats like, byologi

#realdinosaursdonthavefeathers <--hashtags popularized by angry, politicized "anti-feather" Jurassic Park fanboys.

INDOMINUS REEEX RAAAAWR

*hugs the original movie, and weeps a little*

Last edited:

In a "basal" human society, as in, forest, tribes, our elderly will be right there with the babies of the tribe, from the start. They will be "retired from work" (as with modern society, because of their physical frailty) and their role will be very closely tied with the toddlers, since the other tribe adults will be hunting and working.

It is sad that this has been forgotten. In family settings, we see the same thing, a unique tie between grandparents and grandkids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indominus rex.
Seriously.
Just
yeah
no
he can talk to other dinosaurs

Ha! That's classic contemporary movie sequelization: dinosaurs aren't enough anymore. We're all bored with "ordinary" dinosaurs. What do we need? MEGA-dinosaurs!

It only saddens me because the dino-exploitation flick has a long, fun history, and modern movies are even capable of screwing that up.

EDIT: I'm going to try to see Inside Out at some point in the next few days. First I have to pick out a pretty dress for my blow-up doll, Amanda. I always feel less strange when I bring her along to the theater with me.

Last edited:
John Wick - Shoots EVERYBODY!!! Fun movie, where EVERYBODY gets shot a LOT!!! Keanu kicks ass, I like his "fighting style" here, it's a bit new and odd.

Serb Film - not the "experimental shocker" I expected it to be. A fairly well done movie, with a darker-than-holy-crap plot, and even horribler plot twists.

Visitor Q - Fun! Watch it with your family! Trust me : )

Back