The Ultimate Movie Thread of Ultimate Destiny

If you guys like Nicholson you can't go wrong watching Five Easy Pieces from 1970. It's a straight-up drama, but it's damn good. Early on there's a scene in a diner that's legendary.

TorontRayne said:
So I watched Ted and the Totall Recall remake. Both were pretty entertaining. Ted basically felt like a live action Family Guy episode, which can be good or bad depending on the person. Total Recall was one of the better remakes in recent memory, but I'm not sure if it topped the original. I kinda expected to see a certain mutant psychic, but I was disappointed a little. Both movies are worth watching I suppose.

Howdy stranger

original.jpg

TorontRayne said:
So I watched Ted and the Totall Recall remake. Both were pretty entertaining. Ted basically felt like a live action Family Guy episode, which can be good or bad depending on the person. Total Recall was one of the better remakes in recent memory, but I'm not sure if it topped the original. I kinda expected to see a certain mutant psychic, but I was disappointed a little. Both movies are worth watching I suppose.

You . . like. . Ted, and totall recall. . .

And you don't like The Dark Knight?

Allow me to sit and rest for a bit . . .

zegh8578 said:
TorontRayne said:
BFox17 said:
Last movie I watched was Tim Burton's Batman from 1989. Except I've already seen that a while ago though (I bought it on DVD). Last new movie I watched was The Matrix Revolutions. It was well, sorta' average. Quite anti-climatic. And I still don't understand the ending of it.

You are telling me the last new movie you watched was that piece of shit? Do you dislike movies or something? Cmon dude. Don't treat yourself like that. You deserve better.

:shock:

I never liked the "realistic" approach of the new Batman movies. He's "Batman", he can't be "realistic" :I

Plus, it's Jack Nicholson! Jack Nicholson!
article-1350653-0CBE9C2E000005DC-322_306x350.jpg

He's the Joker without even trying!
Jack Nicholson!

Pffft. The 1966 movie is superior to both.

20ro64w.jpg

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Pffft. The 1966 movie is superior to both.

20ro64w.jpg

What the.. :D

I haven't seen that movie, but the series was awesome. The cliffhangers were priceless:
Oh no! Batman is covered by flowing concrete? How will he get out of this pickle? Stay tuned - for the next episode:

*Batman punches through the concrete, and gets on his way*

zegh8578 said:
I haven't seen that movie, but the series was awesome.
I agree. And Adam West is kind of flabby and out of shape, at least by today's standards.

POW! BLAM!

I probably like that old series better than any of the movies. The animated Batman television shows that have been made over the past 20-25 years I like better as well.

I loved Batman Begins but didn't like the two sequels much. The first one struck a nice balance between that "real shit" tone and ninjas, sword fights and gas tripping.

The other two were a bunch of boring shit, accompanied by a constant "DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!" You can make doing taxes epic if you try that hard. Heath Ledger did a great job but what else is there to see, really?

As far as animation, Under the Red Hood is my favorite by far. I was blown the fuck away. It's close to Batman Begins in tone but a little more fun.

I liked Nolan's Batman movies (I've seen Batman Begins, The Dark Knight but not The Dark Knight Rises), but I never felt that they deserved all the hype and huge acclaim they received. Especially The Dark Knight, which was highly publicized after Ledger's death.

Many critics loved Nolan's Batman's because of how they put a more serious spin on the story. But to be honest, at the end of the day it's still just a man who dresses up as a bat and punches bad guys in the face.

maximaz said:
As far as animation, Under the Red Hood is my favorite by far. I was blown the fuck away. It's close to Batman Begins in tone but a little more fun.

I didn't like Under The Red Hood too much actually. I guess it was because a major theme of it was Batman not killing and then the other characters react to that....I don't really like stories that focus on Batman defending his no-kill rule...

My favorite Batman animated movie is Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker...

Mark Hamill = awesome!

The DCAU was incredible for the most part (there were some down sides), but it was great that it often reinvigorated some characters who people would normally write off as being too cornball.

The Justice League version of several DC heroes, like the Flash (and not the Superman version seen earlier) pretty much sold me on the character. Even the Question was "reinvented" (being influenced by Rorschach) and made that character more interesting.

And yes, when I think of Batman, I hear Kevin Conroy and not Christian Bale. Same with the Joker. As much as I love Heath Ledger, I can't help but hear "Why so Serious?" in Hamill's voice.

But that's besides the point. I did like the Nolan Batman films, but DC is working on making a Justice League movie, and the Nolan Batman just does not fit into the superhero archetype, so they're going to reboot Batman. They pretty much have to do so to get Batman to fit in with the superpowered Justice League.

Hi spambot.

I went to watch the last Twilight movie to vent off some steam after that excruciating finals week. The movie is hillariously incompetent on every aspect, the cgi has no weight, the special effects are laughable, and the last action scene, while good turns out into a cop out.
I expected Michael Sheen to be a lot more in the movie after I watched Spoony's Vlog, but he was barely on it. Still he seemed to be having a blast making fun of the movie he was in.

excruciating

You don't know what that word means. You watched a twilight movie all the way through for christs sake. The traveler with Val Kilmer was pretty good.

Walpknut said:
Hi spambot.

I went to watch the last Twilight movie to vent off some steam after that excruciating finals week. The movie is hillariously incompetent on every aspect, the cgi has no weight, the special effects are laughable, and the last action scene, while good turns out into a cop out.
I expected Michael Sheen to be a lot more in the movie after I watched Spoony's Vlog, but he was barely on it. Still he seemed to be having a blast making fun of the movie he was in.

You'll probably like this then:

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-twilight-breaking-dawn-part-2/

BFox17 said:
I liked Nolan's Batman movies (I've seen Batman Begins, The Dark Knight but not The Dark Knight Rises), but I never felt that they deserved all the hype and huge acclaim they received. Especially The Dark Knight, which was highly publicized after Ledger's death.

Many critics loved Nolan's Batman's because of how they put a more serious spin on the story. But to be honest, at the end of the day it's still just a man who dresses up as a bat and punches bad guys in the face.

No see, batman begins is the overrated one. The Dark Knight and Rises are solid 8's.

I saw Argo and despite some promising moments, it sucked.

I can't believe there's so much positive buzz about this movie unless people didn't watch the last third, which is as lame-brained by-the-book Hollywood script formula as it gets. The moment Affleck has to choose between following orders or doing the right thing (in other words, the moment the movie started personally insulting me), it all falls apart.

I loved how either Stephanie Meyer or the scriptwritter, or the prop designer thinks Brazilian Tribes look exactly like the Apache.

Or how they couldn't get a real baby, or a 5 year old girl and had to resort to some rather creepy looking cgi deflated Baloon creature of hell.

The more I read about the real story and the more I think about the movie, the less I like the movie, really. It's a textbook case of how people in the Hollywood establishment can take a good story that could be made into a good movie, and turn it into yak dung.

And it had a 95% rating on Rottentomatoes last time I looked. Why are people so easily fooled by the cheap trickery in Argo? Bleh.

Back