What was your first RPG?

Discussion in '50 RPGs per Hour' started by TorontoReign, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Callahan96

Callahan96 First time out of the vault

Feb 27, 2021
    1. I have yet to play 2, but I've heard good things.

2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Kotor 2 has the better writing but Kotor 1 is a more finished game. Kotor 2 apparantly has a lot of cut content.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. XNarrol

XNarrol First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2021
    If Flash Games count, then it was Final Fantasy Sonic X6.
    If not, it was probably Pokemon Ruby, tho, I really not sure of that.

4. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    I heard the cut content being restored isn't really worth it since it was ultimately cut for a reason (time restraints and not having the content finished to make it in).
    You definitely should play it. I prefer to 1 in many ways. The writing is better and they improved on the systems already in place if you ask me. The only issue is that it's apparently more buggy than 1 but fuck, both were pretty buggy for me even using the GOG versions and a widescreen patch.

5. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    I am just saying you kinda noticed that there is stuff "missing" in the game. Particularly with the last chapter of the game. It's writing is better than Kotor 1 don't get me wrong. It's enjoyable. But ... well it's a typical Obsidian game ...

6. KingArthur

KingArthur Yeehaw Johnny Reb

Jun 25, 2018
    upload_2021-3-2_13-2-12.png

7. MayonaiseCream

MayonaiseCream It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 22, 2017
    First ever RPG was Super Mario back in Nintendo DS. Miss being young again. :/

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. FiveMagics

FiveMagics First time out of the vault

Mar 21, 2021
    My first rpg was Fallout 3, was young when it came out and I absolutely loved it at the time, couldn't stop playing it lol, later moved onto Skyrim and had a blast. Don't really find those games as fun anymore, no where near comparable to the likes of New Vegas or the classic Fallouts, but im glad I played them.

9. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    We all make mistakes in our youth.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. MayonaiseCream

Nov 22, 2017
    You're still young, you'll have a lot of time to play the best games your years will serve you as compared to mine. :/

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Kakaroow

Kakaroow First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2017
    My first pc game was Heroes of Might and Magic (1999) a good RPG.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Gamesbasi

Gamesbasi First time out of the vault

Jan 5, 2021
    My first RPG was a take-off of Palladium's After the Bomb, which I did entirely with d6s, because in the immediately post-Satanic-Panic world, I had no place to purchase them. I don't remember a ton about it, unfortunately, but I believe it was a pretty simple "Roll 1d6 and compare to the bad guy's d6".

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. KingArthur

KingArthur Yeehaw Johnny Reb

Jun 25, 2018
    We’ve been playing vidgy but this motherfucker has been playing tabletop the whole time

14. MayonaiseCream

Nov 22, 2017
    Lol, what tabletop game was this person playing? :scratch: Tabletop games are great as long as you have someone to play it with.

15. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Some of us here also play tabletop games.

16. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    Paper Mario on N64. Back in '02 I used to play through pretty hard on my sister's N64. Hated it when I deleted her saved data lol