What was your first RPG?

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Kotor 2 has the better writing but Kotor 1 is a more finished game. Kotor 2 apparantly has a lot of cut content.

If Flash Games count, then it was Final Fantasy Sonic X6.
If not, it was probably Pokemon Ruby, tho, I really not sure of that.

Kotor 2 apparantly has a lot of cut content.
I heard the cut content being restored isn't really worth it since it was ultimately cut for a reason (time restraints and not having the content finished to make it in).
1. I have yet to play 2, but I've heard good things.
You definitely should play it. I prefer to 1 in many ways. The writing is better and they improved on the systems already in place if you ask me. The only issue is that it's apparently more buggy than 1 but fuck, both were pretty buggy for me even using the GOG versions and a widescreen patch.

I heard the cut content being restored isn't really worth it since it was ultimately cut for a reason (time restraints and not having the content finished to make it in).
I am just saying you kinda noticed that there is stuff "missing" in the game. Particularly with the last chapter of the game. It's writing is better than Kotor 1 don't get me wrong. It's enjoyable. But ... well it's a typical Obsidian game ...

I am just saying you kinda noticed that there is stuff "missing" in the game. Particularly with the last chapter of the game. It's writing is better than Kotor 1 don't get me wrong. It's enjoyable. But ... well it's a typical Obsidian game ...
upload_2021-3-2_13-2-12.png

My first rpg was Fallout 3, was young when it came out and I absolutely loved it at the time, couldn't stop playing it lol, later moved onto Skyrim and had a blast. Don't really find those games as fun anymore, no where near comparable to the likes of New Vegas or the classic Fallouts, but im glad I played them.

My first rpg was Fallout 3, was young when it came out and I absolutely loved it at the time, couldn't stop playing it lol, later moved onto Skyrim and had a blast. Don't really find those games as fun anymore, no where near comparable to the likes of New Vegas or the classic Fallouts, but im glad I played them.
You're still young, you'll have a lot of time to play the best games your years will serve you as compared to mine. :/

My first RPG was a take-off of Palladium's After the Bomb, which I did entirely with d6s, because in the immediately post-Satanic-Panic world, I had no place to purchase them. I don't remember a ton about it, unfortunately, but I believe it was a pretty simple "Roll 1d6 and compare to the bad guy's d6".

Lol, what tabletop game was this person playing? :scratch: Tabletop games are great as long as you have someone to play it with.

Paper Mario on N64. Back in '02 I used to play through pretty hard on my sister's N64. Hated it when I deleted her saved data lol

Deus Ex 1 at age of 6. I wish I got the same rainbow view about old game graphic because I must have think it was quite good.

Back