What was your first RPG?

Discussion in '50 RPGs per Hour' started by TorontoReign, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Hoplite

Hoplite Worth 1/5th of 100 grams of tea

Oct 4, 2019
    Oblivion, when I was seven. I made a Dunmer Blunt/Heavy Armor/Conjuration build trying to emulate my friend's WoW character

Two days later I decided Bretons are cool, and made a Breton Healer

2. captainantiweeb

captainantiweeb Anyone seen my mcchicken?

Nov 20, 2019
    Oblivion. i was 7 or 8 and my dad and i were game sharing on steam. I got oblivion. I made a redguard character but never did make it out of the prison. 6 years later now I have some weirdass breton/pilgrim mixmatch hobgoblin of a character that somehow made it through kvatch and then became a vampire. MY story ends there.

3. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    My first roleplaying game was me telling my little sister I was dad and then shoving my penis up her ass. My mom was there as well, baking a banana cake, cheering me on to not forget to puy my shitstained cock in my sister vagina as well.
    Two days later the lot of us was at the ER where my mom, red-cheeked as hell, how would you be, told the doc that my sister had the annoying habbit to finger her ass and then her cunt, always in that order. The doc than put noth her hands in plaster casts for three months until he habit went a away. When they removed the plaster casts my sister had hands that were hairier than a gorilla's which made her the laughing stock of the school. They called her Magila the Gorilla like that horrible 70's cartoon.
    She still gets pissed off when you call her that.

4. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Is this another drug episode?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    I can tell you one thing: I did not write that filth. It contains spelling mistakes which is something that only very very rarely happens in my posts.

Whoever is hacking my account, please pm me. If this is a monetary question, we might work something out (cause I can use all the cash I can get right now.

6. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    That's not how this works. You'll have to change your password. :>

7. edit_au

edit_au First time out of the vault

Jan 18, 2020
    Shadowrun on the SNES was my first RPG. I still listen to the soundtrack now on youtube sometimes, absolutely love it. Was really pleased to see a UGC made of it for one of the Hairbrained Schemes Shadowrun games not long back.

Shadowrun had that weird CYOA dialogue system to move the story on, and in parts it was easily more frustrating than the old adventure game "Find the [coin] to [use] [with] the [light switch] and then [push] the [mannequin]. I still love it though.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Happy Family Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    You are one of the few people here that has mentioned playing it. Kudos.

9. SquidVan

SquidVan Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin

Jun 1, 2018
    Someone sent me some files to try it for PC or something. I don't even know if it will work yet. I just haven't bothered since I haven't gotten back to the other HBS ones either. Returns was. . . okay? I wanted more from the game than what I got.

10. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    I find it amusing all that remains of this project is a single lingering thread. HAHAH!

11. Stanislavsky

Stanislavsky First time out of the vault

Mar 7, 2020
    The first one I really, thoughtfully played, is Fallout 2. The other games from this period that I felt like I'm "role-playing", is HoMM3 and LBA 2.

12. ResetRPG

ResetRPG Life! Is so hollow...

Dec 16, 2018
    Fallout 3, granted that was when I was 8 and I quit it after 30 minutes when I couldn't kill everyone easily. The first one I finished was probably Skyrim.

13. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    You don't have to reply to the original post on the thread by the way. Best used to get a specific person's attention when there's a few posts between you or you really wanna emphasis what you're saying is in a reply to what they said.

Have you played the OG Fallouts now that you're older?

14. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    I bet there are tons of people that played Fallout 3 as their first RPG. Just thinking back to when I was a kid you had to rent games to even be able to play them unless you were rich. Now you can just go trade a game in and get another one with a little cash. Kids have it easy in the 21st century.

Mommy I want a penis instead of a vagina!
    Ok but eat your dinner first.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  15. SquidVan

Jun 1, 2018
    Hahahaha what the fuck Toronto

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  16. ResetRPG

ResetRPG Life! Is so hollow...

Dec 16, 2018
    Yes Sir! Fallout 2 is my favorite.

17. Dayglow Drifter

Dayglow Drifter First time out of the vault

Sep 25, 2018
    Knights of The Old Republic, the original one

my brother also rented Morrowind from blockbuster around the same time and once i played that it was game over for me, i was never really able to get excited about a non-RPG after that (with the exception of a few shooters like Bioshock)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1