Where will the next Fallout take place?

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by TorontoReign, Jan 22, 2012.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I would prefer to see locations in the US, and any other title that features a location outside of the US would be a spinoff.

2. BOS_Warlord

BOS_Warlord First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2012
    Possible Fallout 4 Locations?

I for one would love to see another fallout in the West Coast (around california) But I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, Fallout: New York City. They could make it so huge, and DLC could span from Pennsylvania, New England and Canada.

3. Joelzania

Joelzania Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2011
    Nah, New York would have been too big of a target. Realistically, it should just be a big whole in the ground, or the glow or something.

I want to see a game in Denver, a la Van Buren.

4. dead_alewives

dead_alewives First time out of the vault

May 9, 2006
    Personally, I'd like to see Texas. I hear it was hit pretty hard when the bombs fell and Houston in particular would be interesting to see.

5. Joelzania

Oct 12, 2011
    There'd be some cool tornados in Texas if we had a Fallout there.

6. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    Fallout should take place in Texas, mainly because Texas is the shit.

7. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Maybe the Mexicanos and Mutants will gang up and wipe the whities from Texas, revenge for 1834. :roll:

8. BOS_Warlord

Apr 11, 2012
    Well, if they do a fallout in Seattle like online was alleged to be, I would love to see a Fallout game in Vancouver Canada. We would see a real nuclear winter, possibly some sort of Polar Bear Yao Guai thats bigger, meaner and scarier than the normal one.

Also Manhattan may be devastated, but what about the burghs around it? and if DC was as intact as it was, NYC would be too.

9. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    Well let's see here-

Premise 1: A fallout game can not be too big
    Premise 2: Everything is bigger in Texas
    Conclusion: Fallout should be in Texas

10. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    Why would all the creatures we met be bigger, meaner and scarier than the previously met? I'd like to see some variation from time to time, and you can make a well balanced game without going always to the same kind of resource. If you don't, then you become too predictable.

Is it a polar bear bigger, meaner and scarier than a normal bear? I'd run the fuck off the way of any of those.

11. Joelzania

Oct 12, 2011
    Fuck Fallout 3.

12. Lone Cat

Lone Cat It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 8, 2012
    If the Legion is to reappear. and if the NCR is to annex more terrotory. and if the two are to fight each other oncemore.

Welcome to TEXAS!

but how will Bethesda deals with FOBOS ?

personally. it has to cover the WHOLE texas. the mix of 'HoMM' series as 'fast travel mode' and the 'tactical' companion systems might be advised.

13. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    polar bears are, along with the siberian tiger, the biggest predatory animals to walk on land.
    genetically polar bears are very close to brown/grizzly/kodiak bears, in fact so close that they are discovered to have separated into a distinct species very recently. they're basically a "new" species, in terms of natural history.
    as huge as a brown bear is, the polar bear is a tad bit bigger, and much more aggressive (since it regards everything that moves as a possible meal, whereas a bear has a bit more "mental filters")

14. Knight Captain Kerr

Knight Captain Kerr Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 27, 2011
    I would love to go somewhere in the Gulf Commonwealth.

15. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    Fair enough. However, I still think that logic sucks, with the exception of the polar bear fits by itself and is not forced to be that way.

16. Josan

Josan Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 23, 2003
    Polar bears are bigger and mean than grizzlies. But there are no polar bears anywhere near Vancouver.

17. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    Well, so it was nonsense anyway?
    However, my critic is not to the specific case. I really don't get why in a new game every little thing which was not introduced in a previous game should be harder, bigger, more scary, etc. It really sort of breaks the atmosphere for me, it looks really forced to be that way. That's what happened to me with most creatures added in Fallout 3 DLC's.
    "Well, since this is new, we will put a really meaner radscorpion just because". Why? What made it that harder than other radscorpions?
    Same with reavers, and I don't remember another one like it right now.
    Of course there must be some things more challenging, to avoid boring fights, I know a lot of people care about it (I don't, though, there are other ways to balance a game, and you can also rise the base stats of creatures in game if you want), but seriously, should EVERYTHING be that way?

18. BOS_Warlord

Apr 11, 2012
    Yes Polar Bears are no where near Vancouver now, but they do wander into manitoba, they could have wandered down from yukon in search of food. They would still be cool as Yao Guai. Wild Foxes, wolves and deer would be a good enemy.

Texas would be cool, love to see a Mexico DLC with fallout-esque cartels

19. Relentless666

Relentless666 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 23, 2008
    Why not San Diego and Tijuana? The NCR is getting kind of old, but still...

Florida could also work. Mutant alligators, voodoo cannibal cultists and Miami in ruins.

Also, I have no idea how one can make a Fallout game set in Hawaii, but for some strange reason I'd love to see it happen.

20. Mysterious Stranger13

Mysterious Stranger13 First time out of the vault

Apr 15, 2012
    Theres a mod in NV that allows you to travel to Denver, it's bascically filled with feral dogs with a virus, and then just raiders.