Why I left Reddit for NMA (new guy)

Can we not add the unity emote to the server? That would make for a great like button instead of rads.
Probably but who is going to do it? There used to be a like button and a rad button but one wouldn't show up. Now it's just a rad button again.

W
Hello
My name is Fred and this is my first post here. I have observed this community for many months and liked what its members had to say about lore and other things. Even more important I noticed that when someone had a disagreement, they used their brain and explained themselves clearly as to why they disagreed. People in Reddit unhelpfully spam "idiot pleb, this guy calls himself a (insert game here) player but he dont know what he's talking about". In short Reddit is a sludge bucket of naysayers and fartbags who love nothing better than to spam their subreddit full of toxic boring memes and "OMG THIS GAME IS RACIST." troll posts. Always hated memes and will never like em.

My hate started for Reddit a long time ago. I noticed how people in r\fallout were simultaneously jerking each other off and pointing pistols at each other's head. r\bioshock is dead, period. r\classic fallout and r\fallout lore are filled with, lemme just say, uninformed players who post the same old "how do ya get Virgil to come back to the Institute" time wasters. r\metro is dead. r\tf2 is chock full of BORING - DEGENERATE - MEMES!!! UGH!

Noticed a guy got downvoted for disagreeing with the meta that "bethesda saved fallout". While I might have disagreed with him myself, I noticed he had a pretty good argument about Troika games, I guess it was a clone of Interplay? Anyway Bethesda outbids Troika games and gets the IP anyway. But the POINT I'm making is that he had a good ARGUMENT that wasn't even APPRECIATED by other Redditors. He was just trashed. I started to wonder about my reddit career.

The final straw happened when this Amazon movies Fallout series came out. I voiced my displeasure on r\fallout loudly. I formulated an argument about the people we know, including Toddie Howard, who are not writers or even make games. This argument revolved around the fact that these men are not informed or even care to research Fallout lore, they are just company managers who are trained to bring in the bucks, kick their employees asses and run the coffee machine. Guess what? Massive downvotes, a moderator had to delete some very toxic comments, and eventually they gave up moderating it and they deleted the post. I was called an idiot, a anti-progress crybaby, and a internet troll bringing hate down on "innocent" individuals. Right before the post was deleted they started to circlejerk each other about people like me who disrespect people who are doing Fallout good! Fallout 76 is the BEST game now!

Fine.

Nevermind that it was the worst thing to happen to Bethesda ever. Nevermind that people who payed for tricentennial edition were fucked over with their scammed plastic toys. Nevermind the game was unplayable for half a ####### year! Nevermind we got Atomic Shop and micro-transactions on a $60 game. Nevermind that people were scammed out of their "canvas" bags and never got replacements for the real nylon ones, Nevermind that peoples inventories were disappearing in front of their eyes. Nevermind the duping glitches. Nevermind the perfectly accessible debug room with every ####### item in the game available at a moments notice. eh... I could just go on.

What do I think about the games?

Fallout 1 is the best. Fallout 2 is great but less dark and serious. Fallout 3 was okay but the story and rpg elements were a joke. Fallout NV was a huge step up but still not as good as the first two games. Fallout 4 is lamentably fun for a while (Hell those animations and gunplay mechanics were AMAZING), but its story is even worse than 3. I own Fallout 76 and I can say as of its current build that it is playable and fun, BUT BUT BUT and I mean BUT! It is a train wreck and a lonely shell of a game that had so much potential. No rpg at all, the npcs they added are a joke, its just bad. The fun ends after a few hours. End of story.

So here I am. I'm tired of it all and I just want civil discussion which this community affords.

Good day everyone!
Ahoy! Welcome aboard me-Hearty! only rule here is to suck interplays dick and pretend to be gay. Any questions? No? OK sit down.
Oh civil discussions?
Apologies My fine sir I've been an outcast everywhere I go it seems no matter how autistic a community can be even with meme drenched ear rape asmr bullshit mic spammers people just can't handle my words so I'm vilified in any place I set foot in. But here? Outcome would probably be the same.

W

Ahoy! Welcome aboard me-Hearty! only rule here is to suck interplays dick and pretend to be gay. Any questions? No? OK sit down.
Oh civil discussions?
Apologies My fine sir I've been an outcast everywhere I go it seems no matter how autistic a community can be even with meme drenched ear rape asmr bullshit mic spammers people just can't handle my words so I'm vilified in any place I set foot in. But here? Outcome would probably be the same.
The coherency of this above post
upload_2022-6-10_22-44-25.gif

I left Twitter because I got banned for calling myself a faggot. I bet if I called myself a faggot on Reddit I would get reported to the police.

Yeah, why Redit of all places. We should get more Trekkies in here. Why Trekkies? Because we share a common history - hate for Bethesda!

I would rather have Bethfags running around than a dead forum tbh.

I’d rather quality over quantity. Redditors don’t have original thoughts, they have thoughts approved by the hive mind and only express those approved thoughts for imaginary internet points. They’re pretty much an AI script except with degenerate tendencies that they see as self righteous.

Hate to say it but nobody here has original thoughts either.
Honestly I just want more than 6-15 people on at once again.

Be carefull what you wish for. Too many people can backfire. And yeah no one has "original" thoughts. But I think Voof doesn't mean it like that. Which also, is not an original thought.

Last edited:
I think this very attitude is what is killing the place but ya know what do I know I am just on here all day long.

Can we not add the unity emote to the server? That would make for a great like button instead of rads.
@babadook
Not sure about replacing rads but it should be added at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back