First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

I'm starting to wonder if there is any part of this game with a meaningful choice to be made.

I don't even care if it's just a binary choice, just one real actual choice that has a consequence.

They could literally just make you die to the intro bombing if you said NO, but they couldn't do this because apparently their target audience cannot so something as meaningful as die in a game as a result of their own poor choices.

Choose Institute or BoS/Minutemen/Railroad. So deep bro.

That immersive facial animation mod looks like something from Garry's Mod. Oh TorontRayne if you play on survival difficulty then download the mod on the Fallout 4 Nexus that gives you the same damage multiplier as enemies, or else you'll fight bullet sponges like mole rats taking 10+ hits to kill.

That immersive facial animation mod looks like something from Garry's Mod. Oh TorontRayne if you play on survival difficulty then download the mod on the Fallout 4 Nexus that gives you the same damage multiplier as enemies, or else you'll fight bullet sponges like mole rats taking 10+ hits to kill.

Yeah I hate bullet sponges on both sides. That's why I want a shooter where one shot can kill you and if it doesn't it severely weakens you as you suffer from blood loss and pain.

Yeah I hate bullet sponges on both sides. That's why I want a shooter where one shot can kill you and if it doesn't it severely weakens you as you suffer from blood loss and pain.
I like the way Metro 2033 did the "enemy can kill you as fast as you can kill them" but I'm sure there are better ways to do it. Like your way too.

I like the way Metro 2033 did the "enemy can kill you as fast as you can kill them" but I'm sure there are better ways to do it. Like your way too.

Thanks! But the problem with mine is that it's hard, might be too hard because ONE bullet in the leg can weaken you, slow you down and make you bleed to death if you don't stop the bleeding.

Have you ever seen the animations of someone talking in this game and got so disgusted that you gave it a 0 on metacritic because it was LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE? Worry not! To all you people complaining about facial animations, here's a mod made to make them much more immersive and lore-friendly!

(a little late, i know.)

Oh jesus ... I just pissed my self. That was so fucking hilarious 8]

Thanks for the video. I think this mod alone can make FO4 into a more enjoyable game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks! But the problem with mine is that it's hard, might be too hard because ONE bullet in the leg can weaken you, slow you down and make you bleed to death if you don't stop the bleeding.
Makes me think of Stalker where you can take bleeding damage and in order to stop the bleeding you need to use bandages.

Here is how good Fallout 4 is:

A guy wanted me to lean on some dude because he thought he might be planning to take him out. So I go in to Goodneighbor to talk to the dude. He gives me some lip and I choose the anger option. He tells me to fuck off and my only option is to bribe him or be persuasive, so I shoot him with 20 rounds of my Assault Rifle (which looks more like a heavy machine gun but whatever), so the guy sits down on the ground with blood all over the place while the whole bar continues doing what they are doing. The guy says You just don't give up do you? Stands up and then I still have to use the persuade dialog to get the info out of him. He acts like the bullets didn't hurt and goes on his merry way. Quest completed.

The apathy of the NPCs truly has to be seen to be believed. My amigo can shoot Dogmeat in the back and he quietly stands still like nothing occurred.

I find it extremely hilarious that:

I can encourage people to join the Railroad even after I massacred them all during the BOS questline (I visited Bunker Hill until after completing the Main Quest even tho I had the big fight with the Institute there). I can even ask what the Rail Road even is without any option to say "I was involved in their HQ being stormed by the BOS and all of them getting killed". Hell I haven't even heard anyone take note of the morally dubious things I did with the BOS, except for Gravyman, but Gravyman is a pretty shitty character that I couldn't give two fucks about anyway.

I can encourage people to join the Railroad even after I massacred them all during the BOS questline (I visited Bunker Hill until after completing the Main Quest even tho I had the big fight with the Institute there). I can even ask what the Rail Road even is without any option to say "I was involved in their HQ being stormed by the BOS and all of them getting killed". Hell I haven't even heard anyone take note of the morally dubious things I did with the BOS, except for Gravyman, but Gravyman is a pretty shitty character that I couldn't give two fucks about anyway.

Well, they can always ‘roleplay’ that they’re still alive. :lol:

I find it extremely hilarious that:

But those are features that add to Bethesda charm! How dare you want a well written story that is grounded in logic! ~Typical Bethtard :whatever:

Wow that has to be embarrassing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 507
Hmm Angry Joe did at least spot a lot of the crappy parts of F4 but surely he should have downgraded the score, he acknowledged it was mostly steps back? Loved how he used F2 footage. [Probably already pasted but soooo many comments to read through :D ]

https://youtu.be/aorKjw71ckQ?t=1218 20:15 minutes

Hmm Angry Joe did at least spot a lot of the crappy parts of F4 but surely he should have downgraded the score, he acknowledged it was mostly steps back? Loved how he used F2 footage. [Probably already pasted but soooo many comments to read through :D ]

https://youtu.be/aorKjw71ckQ?t=1218 20:15 minutes

Well, Joe got it quite right (or the guy, who taped this segment in Joe's Review). The dialogue with the Enclave soldier in Gecko is just brillant.

First time I was very surprised, didn't expect anything, when fiddling with the Gecko computer.
And still, years after that discovery, I'm so pleased with this dialogue and kinda sad, because we won't get anything like this from a future Fallout in a long time. Maybe even never, when Bethesda decides not to "outsource" the fallout franchise to more capable devs like Obsidian.

My amigo can shoot Dogmeat in the back and he quietly stands still like nothing occurred.

Many companions will "like" when you give Dogmeat stimpacs. So a way to boost their like, is to gather them in a settlement, and keep harassing poor dogmeat, shooting him again and again, for then to give him stimpacs (every 2 hours for them to reset their like-o-meter)

You shooting your dog non stop will eventually make them fall utterly in love with you

My amigo can shoot Dogmeat in the back and he quietly stands still like nothing occurred.

Many companions will "like" when you give Dogmeat stimpacs. So a way to boost their like, is to gather them in a settlement, and keep harassing poor dogmeat, shooting him again and again, for then to give him stimpacs (every 2 hours for them to reset their like-o-meter)

You shooting your dog non stop will eventually make them fall utterly in love with you
In Piper's case she gets turned on when I pick a lock that isn't owned by someone. I romanced her by lockpicking within 30 minutes and I didn't have to try. I do like using a smooth talking charismatic character. :D

In Piper's case she gets turned on when I pick a lock that isn't owned by someone. I romanced her by lockpicking within 30 minutes and I didn't have to try. I do like using a smooth talking charismatic character. :D

Yeah, with Piper you don't even have to try, *cough-easy-cough* :V but she likes most lockpicking (all non-owned locks pretty much) and any default-nicenes, Cait is the same, but for an "evil" character, which is all too forced, because shes evil but isnt but is but isnt, but yeah, pick locks and insult everyone = max out "like" very quickly.
Another quick like is Valentine, since you just have to keep hacking computers + be generally nice to people

A difficult one was Mccready, cus he - even more so than Cait - give conflicting vibes, he wants you to be mean and insult people - but the right people - and you have to guess which

I had the chance of playing it over the past few days thanks to Thanksgiving break.

I have to say: It is really good! My 2nd favorite game in the series. It's no Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel now but it'll do. :)

Back