Nuka World Discussion

On the other hand some raiders in Fallout 4 actually do get a backstory and fluff. But, because this is Bethesda we're talking about, it's only through conveniently placed terminal entries. Like the raiders at Libertalia, they were remnants of Minutemen turned mercenaries, but when the fuckers at Bunker Hill refused to pay them they resorted to raiding in order not to starve.
Or those in the East Boston Prep School, those with the blood contracts. The terminals tell of how new people were forced into their gang.
Of coruse, there's no real difference between any of these raiders, they're all immediately hostile, there is no way to interact with them and they are not distinct from each other in terms of style. The only distinct groups are the Forged and the Rust Devils. And the Gunners, because let's face it, they're raiders, too, thanks to Beth's lazyness.

And that's the crying shame about those note/terminal stories--they're pretty great. If they had taken the time and had the raiders themselves flesh it out in conversation and quests, it would have built up so much more emersion and made them so much more human. The Rust Devils, Forged, and Trappers are better, but in the end they aren't that different from typical raiders as far as interaction's concerned. I did like that we got to chat with the Forged leader first, and that there were a few Trappers that didn't go hostile in Far harbor, it's just not enough.

I do wonder if one has Nuka World installed and starts a new game if "Raiders" is a fully viable path to beat the game now. That would be cool.

I do wonder if one has Nuka World installed and starts a new game if "Raiders" is a fully viable path to beat the game now. That would be cool.

I do wonder if this might be the case, where they see they've made a mistake and want to fix it, much like Broken Steel was a fix for 3. But then again it makes me wonder if they had planned to cut an aspect of the game out to then resell later on as DLC. So now we have to pay extra just to play an evil character, which is pretty lame if that's the case.

It does make me want to maybe start a new character if it does lead to an alternate evil ending. I've been wanting to play a Blade Runner-esque Synth hater that's suffering mental damage from being unfrozen and tossed into a hellish future. Maybe she hates how much the world has changed, she's willing to burn the new one to the ground. It's at least a chance for some roleplaying.

This just in: Apparently Nuka-World will be the FINAL piece of DLC for Fallout 4.
Yes, that's right folks, you read that correctly. After the Pitt 2 is released, the story of the Commonwealth and the Sole Survivor and all that bullshit is going to be wrapped up.

It's official, Bethesda does not give one single fuck and it is pathetic to behold.

Source:

Considering the actual endings in FO4 are literally just 2 slides and some narrative, I really don't see how hard it would be to add a raider ending. Hell, they still have the voice actors for the male and female sole survivor on payroll, what's like 2 more sentences going to hurt? Of course, as @Crossfire just proved, Bethesda is the epitome of lazy. I don't expect anything special. Hell, I doubt the whole "lead raider gangs!" will even effect the world outside of the settlement system. And all that will mean is instead of "settlers", you'll have "raiders", who are just settlers with dirty attire and shitty armor.

On the bright side, at least this means all the rumors about an Enclave moon base DLC were wrong. One less heaping helping of lore rape to shovel through.

Last edited:
*shakes dust off, coughs, looks around*
So, no synth spouse, Enclave and driveable cars for us?
Tough luck, but mods will just make it work, eh, Todd? Heh, heh.
Atomic Minecraft it is, then. Kids are loving it.

In other words, the more intelligent people that bought the Season Pass are gonna be mighty salty about this. Even CDPR's Witcher 3 knew that a final DLC expansion like Blood and Wine should be more than a simple gimmick and added actual content that was affected by the main game.

snip[/MEDIA]
I had a sinking feeling that this would be the case when it came to Fallout 4 DLCs as Automatron indicated (Far Harbor seems to be slightly better and I hesitate to use that particular phrase). What a dull way to end a game, with yet another region that only has a gimmick as its main feature.

How lazy could Bethesda be? Next thing you'll be telling me that they're making a Hearthstone rip-off...

It's a gamble I regret, but how about you tone down that condescending attitude, kay?
Will you hold that position when others around here act condescending towards Bethesda or Bethfans? Will you call out all condescending attitudes on NMA, or are you only asking me to tone down mine cause you happened to be in the crossfire this time?

I know I'm kinda of shitting on some people here but uh... Intelligent people don't buy a season pass.

Considering Bethesda always released big DLCs in the past, how were we to know they were going to take a huge dump all over our hopes and dreams? Even Oblivion, their other game that had a bunch of little DLCs, still had like 3 or 4 big ones. Of course, if if I hadn't pre-ordered both of them and played FO4 first, I would have never bought the season pass. Complete waste of money, but on the bright side it taught me to never preorder a game, never trust Bethesda again, always read reviews before buying, and never ever buy a season pass. I'd consider it a learning experience.

How lazy could Bethesda be? Next thing you'll be telling me that they're making a Hearthstone rip-off...

Huh, Runescape Legend and Gwent card spin-off are better than that....

both were capable of doing something innovating in the genre that dominated by heartstone alone, both also were done by company which was slightly better than a AA developer in term of funding.

meanwhile bethesda, with a giant funding could only do copy pasta

Considering Bethesda always released big DLCs in the past, how were we to know they were going to take a huge dump all over our hopes and dreams?
Pre-ordering digital content in the first place is nonsensical, there is no queue to when you can get your copy. You'll get it the same time everyone else gets it. And pre-ordering a season pass? Like, with games I can at least understand it somewhat cause a game is going to be 'a game', but a season pass is pretty much a mystery box. You have no idea what is going to be in it yet you're willing to shell out money in advance for it? "Oh but in the past the developers released X kind of DLC!" So you're putting blind trust in them to always live up to your expecation of the past? Best shed that expectation cause otherwise you're in for a future of bitter and resentful disappointment.

It doesn't matter what developer it is. It doesn't matter what they did in the past. It doesn't matter how hyped you are for it. It doesn't matter how sure you are of it: Don't pre-order 'any' digital content.

Those of you who did, you made a dumb decision. And I am going to call you out on it. You're not exempt from being called out on dumb shit you do no more than Betfans or Bethesda themselves are. Own up to it that it was a dumb decision and learn from it and don't do it again.

And just to show that I'm not sitting up here on my high horse sneering down on you I'll call myself out on some stupid shit too: I, while mildly intoxicated, thought it was a great idea to light a cigarette next to some gas pumps at a gas station. (Thankfully someone called me out on how retarded I was and told me to move the fuck away from the pumps) You think your moment of idiocy was bad? Mine could've resulted in people dying.

[edit]

The only exception I have would be kickstarter projects. Because those really are a gamble. Difference between it and a season pass is that the DLC's in the season pass will happen regardless of whether or not you pre-order it but the kickstarter project might not happen at all if it does not meet its goal. But even then you should heavily research the project before just throwing your money around.

Well there actually is a reason, really good sales. I managed to get FO4 for 40 dollars and the season pass for 20 dollars, so I basically paid the same price as the base game for both. Otherwise I would have paid like 110 dollars for the same shitty product.

Usually before a game comes out, there'll be a big ole hefty sale for like 25% off and that's usually the best time to get it, especially if you think it's something you want. That's why I did it. But like I already said, I don't plan on doing it again. Hell, Civilization VI is out on preorder with like a 30% off sale right now, but I'm not going to preorder it. I already learned my lesson with that from Fallout 4 and Civilization Beyond Earth. I don't even think I'll preorder Tyranny even though it's Obsidian whom I trust completely.

It's just that if someone thinks it's a game they really want, and it suddenly goes on sale for like 20 dollars off before the game's even out, people are going to jump on that, because usually once the game's out, it won't have another sale for a long time. That's the main reason. Like with FO4 as an example. Around the time the game was announced, it had a 25% off sale for the preorder. Fallout 4 hasn't had a big sale like that since it was officially released until the last round of DLCs was announced. Sometimes people just want a good bargain.

I know, but I was niave at the time. I'd loved all Bethesda games previously, and they'd always released massive DLCs. I figured it'd just be cheaper to get the season pass early and be able to play the colossal DLCs when they came out. Little did I know how badly my hopes and dreams would be crushed that November. But that's also most of the reason of why I even signed up for NMA in the first place.

Why Nuka Cola World tho? Why not make it themed after one of those Space Monkey things? Is there a Coca Cola Theme park in the real world? Why would people go to a theme park themed after a drink?

If it's like another Settlement like Far Harbour then whatever, I ope they have a better explanation than "They are fishers" to justify people living there, specially if they make it take place in the middle of a Radioactive Aids Volcano like with Fart Hardon and it's "Radioactive Fog".

Back