The Outer Worlds information overload

i don't usually get hyped but when i saw this trailer i came harder and faster than when i watch my wife fuck black men. no lie.

the scientist reminds me of a certain character...

Attachments

• pickle_worlds.jpg
    pickle_worlds.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 324
Want to know the difference between Bethesda and Obsidian? Bethesda used Take Me Home Country Roads that was on the public domain in order to not pay John Denver's estate money. Meanwhile, Obsidian forked over money out of their own pocket to have the song The Passenger by Iggy Pop for their trailer. Really shows the type of love and care that one company puts in their game and the lack in the other one.

Rick Sanchez, Doc Brown, The Doctor. the genius madman is a common trope.

Also lol what "Bethesda made a cover to save up on a needless waste of money, what assholes"

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome.

Mass Effect 1 is top 5 games for me, and even doing everything you never reach 27 to 30 hours. 40 is great.

Personnally, i would say the bigger the number, the most likely it would be full of unnecessary filler.

Personnally, i would say the bigger the number, the most likely it would be full of unnecessary filler.
That's true, even when it comes to other games like TES V SKYRIM, Fallout 3 & 4, etc. They just want to put some more content into their games by coming up with side quests that some or most of them were tried to death, so players will invest their time and money as they complete all of the quests in order to see if some or most side quests were repetitive/done to death.
In short, unnecessary filler is well, unnecessary (redundant much?), but sometimes necessary when working with a gaming development team/ company, even when it's Bethesda Game Studios.

The game will not be open-world, so 40 hours is pretty good. A game does not have to be all that lenghty to tell a good story. Side quests can be great, but a lot of times they don't have any effect on the main outcome of the game and are there so you can wander off the path and have a bit of fun. Some are also ridiculous. Looking at you, Fallout 4.

I am assuming this game will have side quests...

Some are also ridiculous. Looking at you, Fallout 4.
Ridiculous as 4 was, I still enjoy playing it. I liked the whole Pickman Gallery sidequest. Sue me. I understand that I deserve to be neutered for my enjoyment of 4. But with the right mods the game is actually playable, without it being torture. But I digress from the topic of this thread...

I agree that a good story can be told in around 40 hours. Hell, Black Ops 2 of all games actually almost achieved this with the whole “sympathetic terrorist villain thing”. It’s just gonna take some kickass storytelling. Fingers crossed I guess.

Ridiculous as 4 was, I still enjoy playing it. I liked the whole Pickman Gallery sidequest. Sue me. I understand that I deserve to be neutered for my enjoyment of 4. But with the right mods the game is actually playable, without it being torture. But I digress from the topic of this thread...

I agree that a good story can be told in around 40 hours. Hell, Black Ops 2 of all games actually almost achieved this with the whole “sympathetic terrorist villain thing”. It’s just gonna take some kickass storytelling. Fingers crossed I guess.
I really dislike COD. Never could get into no matter how hard I tried.

Anyway, there were some side quests in FO4 that I enjoyed too, so you're not alone.

I really dislike COD. Never could get into no matter how hard I tried.

Anyway, there were some side quests in FO4 that I enjoyed too, so you're not alone.
I know I’m not alone, but I do appreciate knowing that not all the people in the same boat are completely retarded. As in, you’re not, and I feel better now <3

There hasn't been that much talk lately about this game, so I checked the news on it and according to PC Gamer, it will take 40 hours or less to complete.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-outer-worlds-will-take-40-hours-or-less-to-complete/

I'm actually okay with the length as long as everything lives up to the hype.
I'm GLAD it will take under 40 hours.
I'd rather have a 20-40 hour game that encourages replays rather than 100+ hours where the game has like 2 endings and/or the completion time is so long I'd rather just play it once every so many years at most.

After I hit hour 50 in a game now, I start feeling drag. I adore Planescape so far but I am around 40 hours and it happened. The Witcher 3 took me 70 hours and around 50-55 hours I felt a lot of drag about it. By the time I got to the last area/fight of Wasteland 2 (took me about 66 hours I think?) I was just ready to see the credits roll and play something else.

It doesn't matter how good the game is, eventually I'd rather the story had been summed up and I could just optionally replay the game. I played New Vegas for probably 700-1000 or so hours. I played it on consoles and PC. I played through it SO many times doing the same things just slightly different or even revisiting my old builds. That was fine because each run I could finish the main quest in like 15 hours and one run I kinda did speed run the game on hardcore to see how fast I could get the achievement on the 360 after doing it on PC.

I'm cool with 40 hours.
It usually takes me about 30 to do everything in New Vegas (first time around it took me 17 hours) so I'm happy with 40.

Back