First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    Fallout 2 was made before Obsidian was established... and no, just because it has a few people that worked on the first two games does not mean Black Isle and Obsidian are the same company.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007

The only bug/issue I ever had with Fallout 2, prepatch, was with the car trunk. Other than that and having to remember where the heck it was sometimes, I had no trouble finishing the game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    I too only had car trunk problems in F2.

4. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I had more problems with Fallout 1 having bugs than Fallout 2. Of course that was back in the 90's so I might not be remembering correctly.

5. AnchorsAweigh

AnchorsAweigh First time out of the vault

Oct 7, 2012
    I have such fond memories of that car trunk. At first I didn't even realize it was a bug, I just thought that when the Highwayman ran out of fuel, my clever character fashioned a make-shift hand cart from the rear part of the car. Only when the trunk continued to follow me underground and spawn 30 ft inside the wall, did I start to smell a rat (or bug).

6. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Speaking of bugs...

I found another so I recorded it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  7. kelveen

kelveen First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2015
    Ha! To be fair, i thought it was a deliberate feature.

8. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Vault Fossil

Jun 15, 2015
    Amazing, Angry Joe gave Fallout 4 a 8/10 despite the number of bugs and problems the game had on launch but gave Arkham Knight a 6/10 but the PC version a 4/10 for the bugs it had on launch. Hypocrisy thy name is Angry Joe.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  9. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
  10. Eternal

Eternal Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2008
    Wasn't AK like practically and occasionally literally unplayable at launch for many people?

11. Aniki

Aniki Just Works

Oct 9, 2015

I find it disgusting that the is no disclaimer or warning in the page telling people people that they're only buying a 5 gig installer and not the full game.

Somebody needs to throw a brick in Bethesda's headquarters window with a note reminding them that are people with data caps.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I guess for some people F4 is unplayable as well.

13. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    This real time dialogue system is unplayable, I was talking to someone whilel they started walking away and I went to click an option and shot my weapon because the shitty real time system sucks.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    But it's immersive, MercenarySnake!

15. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Hang around people, and get quests just stapled to your back, *plunk* here's a quest, *plunk* here's another one, you still hanging around? Cool, here *plunk* have a third quest, I'm sure you're quest hungry!

Oh, yeah, 2 out of 3 lead you to "cleared" dungeons, but you know, consumer whores, what to do, right?

And you're all "consuma-what, hey, you take that back!"
    And they're all "there, there" *unzips*

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 A Smooth-Skin

Jul 9, 2015
    He gets sucked into the hype very easily, and his Skyrim and Rome II reviews are proof of it; Rome II was rated 6/10 by him, despite how long he railed against the devs for releasing a clearly unfinished game during a time when refunds were non-existent on Steam.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. tekhedd

tekhedd Hoarding ammo IS gameplay

Oct 28, 2008
    Really? Because I bought it launch week; they finally had patches that allowed you to be fairly confident that you could actually finish the game about three months after launch, or a week after I finished it and traded it in for store credit. I was very disappointed at the time. Now it's pretty darn stable, with a million community patches.

18. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Are you having the forced quest dialogue as well? I had the lookout robot from the USS Constitution quest follow me all over the map until I talked to the little bastard.

19. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Don't hang around "the castle" too long either, the radio there pins quests on you like one a minute

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Yeaaaahhhh about that, it did that the moment I finished the Mirelurk Queen quest. Gave me three quests instantly. Well at least I have that mod installed that allows me to have the same damage multiplier as enemies so i'm not fighting bullet sponges on survival difficulty. The game is still sucking asshole so far though but combat is tolerable now, I use that word loosely though.

• [Like] [Like] x 1