The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Sooooo, we'll be shouthing at least once per battle? The idea scares me, it could become extremely annoying.

that is does, so what button is going to be getting replaced?

http://www.burnyourbonus.co.uk/games/oblivion.html

I think the idea of a shouting button is silly and yes, sounds like a mini-game idea, and if it does become a mini-game, it will be annoying

I am having doubts about skyrim, after oblivion and fallout3, my hopes of a decent game from Beth has shrink over the years. This new edition (shouting) is starting to put me off the game, why should there be a button? unless its going to be something you use a lot, and by that, a great deal, something like in oblivion, you need to press the block key to block, maybe they are going to replace that with this shouting button?

but I have my doubts about the whole system, I hope its optional, but I bet it isn't :(

maybe the shouting will be some kind of VATS ... bullet time yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D or not ... :?

Also: Killing Dragons gives you more skills or more choices with it ... awesome! Because killing them was never done before in any other game !!!

maximaz said:
But it is. Vague =/= non-existent. I don't think there is any language with no tense structures of some kind.

In Chinese verbs don't conjugate. So, if you have to add a time reference or a special article to indicate the past. There is no effective way to indicate future. So technically, there's no tense in Chinese.

Hmmm somehow i get the feeling they're going to get rid of the magic system they had before.
Other than that maybe they simply wanted to tell much and said 'shouting button' but meant the button for magic in which certain spells (like the dragon-shouts) can now be charged or something like that.

Somehow I fear that they'll just drop the class system and just let you play a barbarian who, instead of using magic, uses battlecries.
You know, because the game is set in Skyrim and it's about dragons.

Hassknecht said:
Somehow I fear that they'll just drop the class system and just let you play a barbarian who, instead of using magic, uses battlecries.
You know, because the game is set in Skyrim and it's about dragons.
well that would make sense ... if well Oblivion or Morrowind HAD a class system to begin with. Well they had none really. Everyone could master everything ;)

I can already see mods for this shouting thing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2QFmJ7h0A[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r37IYaFrCMU[/youtube]

Ausdoerrt said:
In Chinese verbs don't conjugate. So, if you have to add a time reference or a special article to indicate the past. There is no effective way to indicate future. So technically, there's no tense in Chinese.

Hmmm well that is odd. I guess that's why they say Chinese is one of the most difficult languages. I wonder how they say "I ate at 4pm" instead of "I eat at 4pm" or "I'm eating at 4pm" for that matter.

^ For most simple cases of saying things in the past there's a special article. Nothing like that for future, you just have to specify specifically when you're doing it, or that you're planning to do it.

I hope the new engine isn't too gamebryo-ish in 2006 it was good, but now that engine has been used/abused for so long, after 5 years i'm scared it might of contracted a STD.

I liked Morrowind . People told me it's too hard .
Then it went into Oblivion .

Anyway this has some good graphics ...

I have a question , why does Bethesda logo look like Vault door now ?

LinkPain said:
I have a question , why does Bethesda logo look like Vault door now ?

I wonder that myself.
Never really followed Bethesda or played any of their games before FO3, but I doubt it had been like it before...right?

LinkPain said:
I liked Morrowind . People told me it's too hard .
Then it went into Oblivion .

actually, one of the few things I like with Oblivion is that it offers much more of a challenge than Morrowind. Morrowind is too easy to abuse and building a strong character almost happens automatically. in Oblivion you can still powergame, but a "normal" character will have a much harder time than in Oblivion. this way, the enemy levelling is a bit of a two-sided coin.

The level scaling in Oblivion tends to either result in the game being a joke or the game being way too hard, depending whether you play the game right (mostly fight thus level up your combat skills fastest) or whether you do it wrong (level up other stuff like speech, run, jump, ect.).

UncannyGarlic said:
The level scaling in Oblivion tends to either result in the game being a joke or the game being way too hard, depending whether you play the game right (mostly fight thus level up your combat skills fastest) or whether you do it wrong (level up other stuff like speech, run, jump, ect.).
or you can play the game REALLY wrong, by tagging the useless skills and only using the useful skills. Therefore you never level but still become a fighting machine.

Oblivion is probably the only game I've played where you're actually strongest at level 1 and get progressively weaker as the game goes on.

The level up system is also mildly retarded. If you wanted a perfect/strong character you had to pick 7 major skills (with different attributes) that you never used. Otherwise, you'd level up too fast and not have control over your attribute gains.

Besides the attribute/skill gains and level scaling the other problem was you could make an invincible 100% magic absorb/100% damage reflect character with select gear choices. You could play on maximum difficulty but there wasn't any point since you were unkillable but your opponents had mountains of health. In the end, I always turned it down to easy.

Mind you I still love Oblivion.

Mr Krepe said:
I hope the new engine isn't too gamebryo-ish in 2006 it was good, but now that engine has been used/abused for so long, after 5 years i'm scared it might of contracted a STD.
Dude...Gamebryo is dead! I do hope the Creation engine's modding & open world is as impressive though.

actually what I hope for is that they this time take their time to understand and use the engine correctly ... the issue was not that gameybro is geting old but that Bethesda never managed to use correctly. Bugs, glitches ... etc. etc.

And sorry I dont buy that "limits of the engine" talking crap. If you draw as artist some picture and it doesnt look good do you go with "the pencil handicaped me" ? Its the artist who makes the tools not the the tools the artist. And either Bethesda didnt payed attention to the issues they might have with the engine or they have been in a hurry. No clue.

Back